Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Different Time

      I was inspired to paint my " Little Debbies " in evening gowns after finding my mother's prom dresses in my grandmother's attic . When I found the oblong box and opened it , I am sure I gasped . There were three of my mothers dresses carefully wrapped just like they were worn the night before. Although the tuille had seen better days and it has been 50 plus years since my sweet mother wore them , the sequins were still sparkly , the ribbons were were still satiny and remembrances of seeing pictures of mama wearing these dresses  , was so wonderful to me . Mama passed away four years ago and my grandmother , at 94 , is thankfully still here with us .But when I found her gowns , I was taken back to being a little girl and hearing Mama tell me about dressing up for the dances , her date that evening ,the corsage that graced her wrist and the faint scent of her perfume Madame Rochas . This is my celebration of a darling mother, who loved to dress in evening gowns and dance the night away .

2 comments: