Monday, June 4, 2012

Art Therapy 101

"The Constant Gardener "by Suzanne Conner
       It was wonderful to have a day off today, it was busy but it was all mine ! I have been busy  painting to get ready for an art walk in the Market District mid-month . I kept thinking on how to tell my story about the paintings I do , why I do it ? When my mother died four years ago , then six months later my youngest  brother ended his life , my world came to a halt . I was deep in grief and questions and was directed to a therapist who , as part of the therapy , encouraged me to get back to the little girl who loved to paint and draw . I began to see the world and relationships in an all new life . I savor life now and the people that God has graciously surrounded me with . I celebrate women to honor the strong , southern ladies who have been an inspiration to me and who helped raise me , cook with me , befriend me , laugh and cry with me . I also paint from my childhood too , mermaids , beautiful shimmery angels who watch over every aspect of life , memories of the beach and summer nights . I hope that something in them resonate with you too , enjoy !


" Flower Power " by Suzanne Conner

4 comments:

  1. Years and years ago, I did a crewel embroidery piece that said, "Friends are the flowers in the garden of life." Your two pieces of artwork on this page reminded me of that today. You are the constant gardener, we all are, of our life work, tending to the ever present blooms in our lives. Some are annuals and we replant them each year (or don't), others are perennial. Sometimes we have to weed out. And our art inspires us to keep going. The power of friendship and community. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Patricia! You are indeed a constant gardener too!

      Delete
  2. The world is a richer place because of the beauty and grace you bring to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jim, I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete