Thursday, June 28, 2012

After the dance


" The Walk Home" by Suzanne Conner
                        We have established that I am not a prissy girl , but my mother and her two sisters definitely were and are girly girls . There were three sisters , a redhead , a blonde and a brunette . They were beautiful young ladies ( still beautful even now ) and my grandmother liked to make sure they were dressed to the nines . You may have read my blog about the dresses I found up in Memaw's attic and the memories came flooding back . The sisters lived next door to the high school in Blountstown and were all very active in cheerleading , homecoming queen, and school activities while the only brother was a football player and all round good guy . I can just envision them walking home after the dance  and talking about the cute guys they danced with , the pretty dresses that they had seen and the fun that they had that night . Their radiance  was only outdone by the moon light , stars and fireflies twinkling about . This is not my memory , but I know these women and they haven't changed so much and they still like to dress up and just be beautiful .   Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. What's truly amazing about all these wonderful memories that have inspired Suzy's art is that they were all true. They were magical times. Like a pleasant dream from a forgotten time but they really happened, didn't they Sis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they really did and relayed to me through the stories I HAVE HEARD ALL MY LIFE !

    ReplyDelete