Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beach Days

" Beach Days " by Suzanne Conner
    "Morning light shining in fills my heart , happiness to be home in my sea cottage ".        Fairmaiden


                I grew up in the Panhandle of Florida , with I think , the most beautiful beaches in the south . My mother would rent a cottage , usually at Mexico Beach for a week or two and off we would go to refuel and relax in the sun . So many wonderful memories of playing in the turquoise water and finding sand dollars on the sand bar , lunch would consist of pimento cheese sandwiches , pickles ,  jars filled with cold tea and an apple . If the weather was bad we would read and play with age old puzzles or nap till the sun would inevitably come back out and off we would go for another romp . The days were blissful and content , and I wouldn't trade them for anything . I  hope this summer holds wonderment and relaxation ........ and maybe a homemade pimento cheese sandwich on the beach with my girl !

No comments:

Post a Comment