Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Constant Gardener

" I live in the garden ..... I just sleep in the house ".     Jim Long
" Constant Gardener " by Suzanne Conner
                                       I   painted this with my sweet mama in mind . She was a constant gardener . She wasn't happy until she was pulling weeds , planting seeds and just beautifying this world . Thats how I will always think of her . She was one of these people who was not afraid of hard work and her yard and home showed it , talk about woman power ! She was left with three of us to raise and basically did everything that a man could do to keep a home up , alone . Later in life , when we were all grown and out of the house , she moved back to Blountstown to be with her mama and once again a wonderful yard was in full production and we were all wowed . At church she was teased about human sacrifices being buried under her plants because they were so gorgeous ! She would just smile and not say a word...... mmmmm I wonder ?   She was on the "Yard of Month" board and after winning it so many times she was embarrassed, so she would drive around poor neighborhoods and would plant that sign in sweet , little yards that had been loved on by it's owner . I loved that about my mama , she was real and not puffed up . She was part of the earth , and it was a part of her . Suz

1 comment: