Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Goodbye to Andy

                                   I have to say I am sad today. Andy Griffeth died and I am sad . I grew up watching Mayberry and Andy all my life , still laughing at the reruns like the first time I saw it . It reminded me so much of my growing up in a small , country North Florida town . We had our Howard and our Barneys ,and even our Aunt Beas at our church who clucked over every detail imaginable. When our family moved to the unfamiliar big city of Orlando , I could turn on the tv and be transported back home . When people made fun of my southern dialect I knew there were more that sounded just like me and was reassured every time I watched .And to top it off my dad looked and sounded just like him , at least to us , so I guess I always associate Andy with my dad who passed away at sixty years of age . Well  anyway, goodbye Andy and thank you for bringing so much laughter , wise humor and southern antics into our homes....... at least for this homesick for her hometown girl.       Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment