Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Being a river girl ain't easy !


" River Girl " by Suzanne Conner

                      When my now husband and I were dating , we had this conversation , "  Suzy ,how about going fishing at our pond , do you fish ? "  " Do I fish ? My goodness Bryant I grew up on the Appalachicola River, I'm a river girl!" Those words have come to haunt me for the past 20 years . Yes I grew up on the river , yes I love to fresh water fish , but it seems I can only catch them with a cane pole and a worm ...... which my husband thinks is ridiculous . Did I mention I can only fish on the bank or in a john boat ? Further ridiculousness ! I am the only person who has not caught a fish in the Conner pond , and I stand humiliated .....well ,  not really , because you see....... I'm a River Girl ! Have a great day, Suz



growing up on the Appalachicola River


3 comments:

  1. don't be so hard on yourself! river fishin' and fish torches are all you!!! he wouldn't fare well in ole b-town like you would... and anyways, fishin' is a universal language. try to break it down into semantics and no one can communicate. just fish and be. just fish and be. that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pic suzanne. we made a cane pole and leave it in our garage and from time to time, we go catch fish and turtles at the pond. we make Robert touch the fish and throw them back. you should try it some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. River Song - Yancy Yates

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmUcWtQUEc

    ReplyDelete