Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Dance



my mother Carol at sixteen

                        This painting is called " First Dance" . I love the idea of outdoor parties and the lantern light illuminating the dresses and the pretty girls ! I thought you would get a kick out of seeing the inspiration behind my dressed up ladies , my mama . Here she was probably sixteen years old in my grandmother's living room . I love the gloves ....... mama said that when they would go to town , and we're talking Blountstown , they did not leave the  house without gloves and hats ! Can you believe it ? I have many more beautiful photos of mama and her sisters that I will share all along . But for now , its the fourth of July and I have my flipflops on and hamburgers to grill ! Happy Independence Day ! Suz


 





No comments:

Post a Comment