Thursday, September 6, 2012

Riches Upon Riches

My daughter. She is something else, she is her own person wrapped up in leopard skin, hippie beads and she always smells like mint and sweet soap. Where she got her spunk is beyond me, where she got her brilliant mind is even more beyond me. She was only two when I gathered up my courage to divorce and move back toTallahassee.  I was trying my best working full time and going to design school and little Lu was the most bright spot in my life. We were so poor and lived in a small apartment in Frenchtown, later when I would tell her I was sorry that we were so lacking she would tell me ," Mama,  I thought we were rich, we always had what we needed and we had each other". I love this girl, now woman and treasure her quick wit, naughty sense of humor and her warmth that radiates. We should all be so rich with the things that count......    Suz

Lindsey Anders Ortolano

4 comments:

  1. Well, she is just beautiful and sounds like a fun, interesting young lady too. And I'm pretty sure she got that from her mother!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Jim, she has always been funny and witty..... she doesn't know she's beautiful.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, warm and friendly pic of Lindsey. Love reading your blog, Suzanne. Give everyone our love...

    ReplyDelete